The formal launch of the Maturity Model for Blended Education, developed as part of the EMBED project, will take place 2nd September at the University of Edinburgh immediately prior to the ALT Conference. This free event involves a number of speakers who will share different perspectives on blended education in the wider context of the maturity model. Members of the EMBED project team from partner institutions (Delft University of Technology, KU Leuven, University of Edinburgh, Dublin City University, Aarhus University and TAMK) will also be present to discuss both the development and implementation of the Maturity Model for Blended Education. This model includes all levels of an institution: the design of blended courses, organisational aspects such as staff support, training and institutional leadership, as well as policy development and strategies.
If you would like to attend this launch event, please register here.
Part 1: 14:00 – 15:45
- Welcome by George Ubachs (Managing Director EADTU, coordinator EMBED)
- Framing Blended Learning, Teaching, and Rducation, Stephan Poelmans, KU Leuven
- Blended or Post-digital? The Near Future of Digital Education, Professor Sian Bayne, University of Edinburgh
- Developing the Maturity Model for Blended Education, Willem van Valkenburg; TU Delft
15.45- 16.00 – Refreshment Break
Part 2: 16:00 – 17:30
- Exchanging Experiences with the EMBED Maturity Model, Willem van Valkenburg, TU Delft
- MOOC Maturity Model for Blended Education, Dr Yi-Shan Tsai, University of Edinburgh
- Q&A plenary session